From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Bulk-Loading routines in DBD::Sybase
Date: Jul 13 2004 10:06AM

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 11:54, Peter Sinnott wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:26:09AM +0200, Michael Peppler wrote:
> > I've just uploaded DBD::Sybase 1.04.2 to
> > http://www.peppler.org/downloads/
> >
> > The new t/xblk.t script has a few examples and tests for various
> > conditions.
> >
> > Bugs: the t/xblk.t script segfaults when using the 10.0.x OpenClient
> > libs (for linux), apparently a problem with the cs_diag() call. I don't
> > have any 11.1.x libs around to test with, so I don't know how extensive
> > this problem might be.

> t/xblk.t is also falling over with 11.x OpenClient on HPUX( see
> below ). It seems to be happening when it dereferences a reference and
> casts it to code ( cv = (CV*)SvRV(sv); ). This is with perl 5.8.0 btw.
>
> It passes with 12.5 OpenClient on linux once you change line 648 of dbdimp.c
> to BLK_VERSION = BLK_VERSION_125;

Oops.

> ok 18 - Execute row 1, test 3
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Rats - that's the same place as the 10.x OpenClient problem on linux,
with a similar stack trace (also stemming from get_cs_msg(), which uses
cs_diag() to get the CS-Lib error message instead of using a callback.

The reason for doing it this way is that a CS-lib callback isn't called
on a connection, so I can't easily map it to a particular $dbh and thus
store the error in the right place.

Guess I'll need to think about this a bit - patches and/or ideas
welcome!