From: Peter Sinnott <psinnottie at aol dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase - Inserting null character
Date: Jul 7 2004 1:40PM

Hi all,
     is it possible to quote null characters in order to allow them to be
     inserted via a stored procedure(the field is varchar)?

If I try to quote the field using $dbh->quote I get

DBD::Sybase::st execute failed: Server message number=105 severity=15
state=1 line=1 server=blackhat text=Unclosed quote before the character
string 'username1'.
Server message number=102 severity=15 state=1 line=1 server=blackhat
text=Incorrect syntax near 'username1'.

I think this means the c libraries are loosing all the string after
the null before it gets to the database.

If I try to use placeholders the insert completes but all data
after the null is lost.

Thanks
Peter

--
Our mission is to continually promote ethical meta-services in order that
we may enthusiastically maintain scalable data in order to solve business