From: "Pantera, Joseph F dot " <JPantera at gibsondunn dot com>
Subject: RE: :Sybase 1.03 / sybperl 2.17
Date: Jun 14 2004 2:35PM

 Michael:
	Hate to respond to this with a "generality" kind of question,
but I ended up kind of "dropping off" of the use of Sybperl after we
migrated over to MSSQL (from Sybase last year..., "not my decision").
My questions relate to MSSQL connectivity.  I'm not going to ask about
the generic "DBD::MSSQL" type of question I see posted all over the
internet...  However, I wasn't supported in my desire to get an ODBC
connectivity via my Unix / Apache web servers here (where I used all of
my Sybperl CGI scripts).  I've either lost this functionality, tried to
come up with "other means", or coped in one way or another...

	Was just re-reading some old doc on "connecting to MSSQL2000 via
DBD::Sybase using TDS 7.0 legacy support" (via FreeTDS and setting up
config to use 7.0).  I seem to recall something coming up here about
something with those (version 7.0 TDS) libraries possibly having issues
connecting to MSSQL (maybe after Microsoft introduced SP3, or ??).  Does
this type of thing still work (and worth pursuing)?  If so / not, is
there a group somewhere (if this is not the correct one) you can point
me to in case I have more questions on this subject (I tried doing this
a while back, on my HP-UX server(s), trying to point back to MSSQL, but
now realize I "made a few flaws in my logic...")?

- Joe Pantera

Joe Pantera
Sr. Systems, Database & Network Administrator
jpantera@gibsondunn.com
work: (213) 229-7673
Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher LLP
333 South Grand Ave. | Suite 4138 | Los Angeles, CA 90071