From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: sybperl 2.16 4 available - BLK updated.
Date: May 25 2004 3:23PM

Hi,

I've just spent two days working on the BLK API, trying to get the
blk_rowxfer() functionality to work correctly.

I know that I've fixed a number of glaring bugs, and I've made a few
changes that seem to work correctly.

However - this release dumps core on me when using the 10.0.4 library on
my Fedora Core system. The issue seems to be inside the blk library - if
the internal blk__error() function is called more than a couple of times
it appears to corrupt memory. This does not happen with the 12.5.x
OpenClient.

Those of you who use the BLK api are encouraged to download and build
this version, and to test with as much data as possible. If at all
possible test with as much *bad* data as possible to see if the error
handling survives more than a few errors.

Other changes include support for a "UseBinary" attribute to return
binary/varbinary/image data in raw format instead of converted to hex
strings.

I would refrain from putting this release into production if you use the
blk_xxx() calls or the Sybase::BLK module as the code has changed quite
a bit, and may have problems.

Thanks!