From: "Owen, Robert" <robert dot owen at nortonrose dot com>
Subject: RE: The late SybTools and MSSQL
Date: May 21 2004 8:59AM

Michael,

Thanks for that.

We now have freetds, DBlib and perl talking to MSSQL.   Minor celebration.

I'm trying to change as little as possible in this app.   It basically runs query pairs against two databases, 'diffs' the output and generates update and insert statements.   The thing takes 6 hours to run in production - and a weekend to run in development.    Obviously there are better ways to do this sort of thing these days.   The output, incidentally, is picked up by a COGNOS cube build.

I figure the less I change the less I need to test...   So, if you have no objection, I'll change SybTools.pm to talk DBlib.

Many thanks,
	Rob.

Robert Owen
ITAD Developer