From: "Owen, Robert" <robert dot owen at nortonrose dot com>
Subject: The late SybTools and MSSQL
Date: May 20 2004 3:59PM

Apologies if this has been posted before but...

I have a pile of legacy perl code that runs on AIX against a Sybase database.    It uses SybTools.pm version 1.3.   I'm far too lazy to touch it!

Naturally, it now must run against MSSQL server on AIX.

Now I believe that DBI::Sybase can talk to MSSQL however SybTools uses CTlib.   BooHoo:(    But the code only uses ArrayOfHash, ExecSql and HashOfScalar from SybTools.    Should I / could I hack SybTools to use BDlib instead??

Rob.

Robert Owen
ITAD Developer
CIT3
Tel. 44 (0)207 444 2509
robert.owen@nortonrose.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of
the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any
form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

A list of the partners of Norton Rose, Solicitors, can be inspected at
www.nortonrose.com

Please refer to www.nortonrose.com/regulation for the firm's regulatory position.

Regulated by the Law Society.