From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: sybperl 2.16 and ASE 12.5.2
Date: May 5 2004 8:19AM

I've just downloaded and installed ASE 12.5.2 here, and I noticed that
sybperl 2.16 (and possibly earlier versions as well) fail a few tests in
the 2_ct_xblk.t test. The error message is:

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (0) ORIGIN = (0) SEVERITY = (0) NUMBER = (0)
Message String: blk_rowxfer(): blk layer: internal BLK-Library error:
Data truncated while doing local character set conversion.  col = 4 row
= 2.

This is probably due to improved (or modified) behavior of the blk_()
API that I need to look into.

It is related to conversion between a number and a numeric() column, in
this case converting 123.456 to a numeric(6.2), as there is a loss of
precision.

Previous versions of OC silently accepted the number and truncated it. I
need to investigate to see if this is a bug or if this is expected
behavior.