From: "Graham Hick" <graham at muntfish dot com>
Subject: Sybase::Simple not getting stored proc return status
Date: Apr 30 2004 3:54PM

I've just discovered that the latest version of Sybase::Simple does
not behave as expected when using the Scalar() routine to get a
stored procedure return status.  It will only work if the stored proc
selects its return status as a result set before it exits.

This is a change in behaviour compared to earlier versions (0.51 in
particular).  In 0.51, Scalar will return the stored proc return status,
unless the proc creates any result sets of its own.  In 0.56, Scalar
returns undef unless the proc creates its own result set.

I have a lot of code that depends on the previous functionality -
is there any way to easily make the new version emulate the old
behaviour?

thanks,
Graham