From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Handling DBProcess dead message
Date: Apr 30 2004 6:07AM

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 03:24, Ahmed, Riyaz wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I have a script that went into an infinite loop after it hit upon certain
> Sybase server condition. This is the log snippet.
>

>  367636 Debug:  Exiting Message Handler..
>  367637 Debug:  deadLockReTryCount              =       0
>  367638 Debug:  dbsqlexec return status =       1
>  367639 Debug:  In Error Handler..
>  367640 INFO:   Sybase error: DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.
>  367641 Debug:  Exiting Error Handler..

What does the code look like? The issue here is that you need to detect
this condition in your mainline code so that you can abort or attempt to
reconnect when the DBPROCESS has been marked DEAD (see also the DBDEAD()
call).

I also think (though I'm not sure) that other calls (such as
dbresults()) should return FAIL if the DBPROCESS has been marked DEAD.