From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: installing sybperl on IBM AIX 5.2 system
Date: Apr 22 2004 12:55PM

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 22:38, Kandarp Desai wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Sybase include files are under
> /data/sybase/product/12.5.1.0/OCS-12_5/include directory on my server.
> However whenever I compile it goes & look under /data/sybase
> directory. Earlier I had to create a softlink for lib directory & now
> I created a softlink for include directory. Now I get different error
> messages. According to read me file those errors are due to wrong Open
> Client Version in CONFIG file but I have correct version define in
> CONFIG file. Please advice!

I think the problem is that your SYBASE and SYBASE_OCS environment
variables aren't set correctly.

The SYBASE env. variable should point at the root of your Sybase
installation (in your case /data/sybase/product/12.5.1.0/) and
SYBASE_OCS should be "OCS-12_5".

Set these two variables, and then re-run "perl Makefile.PL". You should
NOT be getting any warnings about missing libraries.