From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: installing sybperl on IBM AIX 5.2 system
Date: Apr 16 2004 4:24PM

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 08:38, Kandarp Desai wrote:
> Hi....Michael...
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. Would you be more specific about "In your
> case I suggest rebuilding perl from source with gcc" ??? What do you
> mean by that??? Please advice.

Download the perl source (from www.perl.org, for example), and build
from source (essentially: unpack the source, run Configure, make, make
test and make install).

Now use this copy of perl to build sybperl.

Alternatively, maybe there is a repository for pre-compiled freeware
binaries for AIX similar to www.sunfreeware.com which uses gcc as the
compiler. If that is the case you can maybe find a pre-compiled perl
binary there for you to use.

Michael