From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Sybase::DBlib manual page synopsis has no error checking
Date: Mar 31 2004 1:32AM

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 00:10, Avis, Ed wrote:
> Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> >>The synopsis at the top of Sybase::DBlib's pod documentation
> >>is a poor example to follow because it does no error checking.
>
> >Patches welcome :-)
>
> I would write a patch but I can't see anything in the Sybase::DBlib
> documentation that explains what the error statuses are.

The documentation for any error states/statuses is in the Sybase
DBlibrary docs, available at
http://download.sybase.com/pdfdocs/sdg1251e/dblib.pdf

I realize that not everyone wants to look through the full DB-library
manual to write perl programs, so maybe I'll spend some time on better
docs.
However I'd rather spend my time improving Sybase::CTlib, Sybase::BLK,
Sybase::Simple and DBD::Sybase which are all based on Client Library,
which is the library that gets the new functionality from Sybase.