From: "Pickett, Mark J" <mark dot j dot pickett at xo dot com>
Subject: Re: fetchrow_hashref issue
Date: Mar 29 2004 8:55PM

I'm having the same problem as Carl.  What's the news on whether
DBD::Sybase can keep from outputting nulls on the ends of the strings?

Solaris 9
OpenClient 12.5.0
Perl 5.8.0
DBD::Sybase 1.02
DBI 1.41
Netcool 3.6 (based on Sybase 12.5.0)

Thanks,
Mark

From: "Bohman, Carl"
Date: Feb 26 2004 11:15PM

Was the cause and/or solution to this problem ever figured out?  I'm
definitely seeing null terminated strings as well and have been
searching the net for a solution or workaround.  The null characters are
present in all text fields and not in numeric fields.

I'm using freetds 0.62.1, DBD::Sybase 1.02, and DBI 1.41 with Perl
5.8.2.  If it's relevant, I'm going up against Netcool Omnibus (a
Sybase-like database from Micromuse).

Carl