From: "Graham Hick" <graham at muntfish dot com>
Subject: Version compatibility
Date: Mar 29 2004 4:12PM

I'm looking into upgrading from ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5.1, and am trying to figure
out a few things regarding our installation of Sybperl.  I understand that it was
built with an "old" version of Sybase Open Client.  I have tried doing:

ct_config(CS_GET, CS_VERSION,...)

and this gives an integer value of 112.  Is this the version of OC that Sybperl
was built with, or that it is running with now?  Either way, what does "112"
actually mean?

If anyone can recommend a reliable way of determining both the compile-time
and run-time version of Open Client I'd be very grateful.

thanks,
Graham

P.S. Operating System is HP-UX 11, Perl version is 5.004_00x, in case that
makes a difference!