From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: t/thread test 10 failure, reproduced more reliably
Date: Mar 12 2004 3:07PM

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 07:37, Avis, Ed wrote:
> Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> >>Failed test (t/thread.t at line 54)
> >>#          got: '425'
> >>#     expected: '0'
>
> >I suspect a problem with perl's thread model because, AFAIK I use the
> >thread->join() correctly.
>
> Perhaps you could sidestep the problem by building with thread stuff
> disabled by default.

Thread stuff gets built if the perl binary is compiled with threading
enabled. There's nothing in particular in the DBD::Sybase module that is
done to support this - so the test is really only there to validate that
the basic functionality works (and as you've seen it doesn't always work
right on fast processors).