From: "Sauer, Christopher [IT]" <christopher dot sauer at citigroup dot com>
Subject: Sybperl error has me scratching my head!!
Date: Feb 23 2004 8:52PM

Hi,

New list member here with a sybperl question.

My shop has just upgraded our production and contingency servers to Sybase 12.5/Solaris 2.8 from 11.9.2/2.6.  With contingency just having been rebuilt, I am now in the process of testing our scripts to ensure they work should we need to fail over due to hardware issues in production.  Both O.S.'s are exactly the same as well as any packages installed on both machines.  In other words, they are mirror images with the exception of the hardware.

Prod =>	Sun Microsystems Sun V1280
Cntg =>	Sun Microsystems E4500

Oddly enough, all perl scripts function correctly in production with no issues whatsoever.  On the other hand, contingency is behaving rather oddly.  I receive the following error when running any scripts that reference the sybperl package:

ld.so.1: /export/opt/perl5/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /export/opt/sybperl/2.10/lib/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so: symbol Perl_form: referenced symbol not found
Killed

I ran ldd -r DBlib.so in both environments and the results are the same from both.  Incidentally, sybperl version is:

   PKGINST:  sybperl
      NAME:  sybperl 2.10 package compiled in xenv against Perl 5.004_04
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sun4
   VERSION:  2.10_C0
   BASEDIR:  /export/opt
    VENDOR:  Salomon Smith Barney Holdings Inc.

This is also exactly the same on both machines.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm completely baffled.

Regards,

Christopher Sauer
Technology Reporting Systems
Salomon Smith Barney