From: Michael Peppler <michael dot peppler at gmail dot com>
Subject: Re: bcp_init crashes perl
Date: Dec 28 2004 7:01AM

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:39:46 -0800, Calder, Erick
 wrote:
> this is turning into a monologue... :)

It's the Holidays - lots of people are away...

> seems I haven't fixed the problem by using a database that allows bulk-copies... next I used the even simpler little program (which causes perl to dump core):

There can be several reasons for this problem.

1. A version of OpenClient on the machine different from the one used
to build sybperl.
2. Using DBlib to load data via bcp to a DOL table (row-level locked table)
3. Using a Sybase::DBlib binary that was built for a different version of perl.

In addition, you need to call

BCP_SETL(TRUE);

as the very first command (before creating the connection) so that BCP
functionality is enabled.

Michael