From: "Calder, Erick" <ECalder at westernasset dot com>
Subject: RE: bcp_init crashes perl
Date: Dec 27 2004 9:24PM

ok... I figured out the problem... when I tried from the old NT4.0 box I got the message:

> Msg 4806, Level 16, State 1
> Server 'udevgdr2', Line 1
>     You cannot run the non-logged version of bulk copy in this database.
>	Please check with the DBO.
> DB-Library error:
>         General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.
> bcp_init failed. at TST line 8

which explains what the problem is.  On my w2k box however, no message is display but instead perl dumps core.  bcp'ing into a database that allows fast bcps works ok.

I hope this helps to reproduce the problem at your end(s).

thx - erick

p.s. how can I ask bcp functions to use slow (logged) bcp?