From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBD::Sybase 1.04_16 (1.05-TOBE)
Date: Dec 15 2004 9:40AM

All,

I've just uploaded DBD::Sybase 1.04_16 to CPAN (and to
http://www.peppler.org/downloads). I'm getting ready to release 1.05, so
I'd like to have this version tested as much as possible.

If you have the time and possibility please download/build/test in your
environment and report any problems to me.

Thanks!

Here's the CHANGES file for 1.05-tobe:

Release 1.05

        BEHAVIOR CHANGE - $dbh->{LongReadLen} must now be called
	before $dbh->prepare(). Previously you could call this after
	the $dbh->prepare() but before the $sth->execute().

        Install private statement handle methods for TEXT/IMAGE handling
        to avoid $h->func() calls, and update documentation.
        Implement experimental BLK API via prepare/execute loop.
	Change default "AutoCommit" off mode from explicit transactions
	to using the "chained" mode if it is available.
	Add $sth->syb_describe() call, taken from Sybase::CTlib's
	ct_describe().
	Add ISO8601 date/time format for output.
	Fix $sth->finish() behavior when syb_flush_finish is turned on.
	Changed do { } while($sth->{syb_more_results}); idiom to use
	redo instead.
	Better/more consistent handling of multiple sth on a single dbh,
        and new test file.

	Bugs Fixed:

	580 - Binding binary/varbinary values to placeholders sometimes
	      fails.
	575 - Fails three tests under Tru-64.
	577 - perl Makefile.PL fails if umask is 0.
        578 - Better warning for calling $dbh->{LongReadLen} if $dbh is
              busy.
        572 - Minor documentation update for bind_param().

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer
Available for contract work - http://www.peppler.org/resume.html