From: "Christian Behrens" <chrisb42 at gmx dot net>
Subject: Re: Sybase home directory question
Date: Nov 22 2004 6:13PM

That is very strange. CTlib.pm and DBlib.pm both had ../sybase/OCS-12_5 in
them. Why? My CONFIG file clearly has not OCS-12_5 in it. And no variable is
set, and I don't think I had anything set when building SybPerl. Although
that is easy enough to test which I'll probably do later.

The other weird thing is that after fixing CTlib.pm and DBlib.pm, my test
script DOES work and gives me back the the version string of the server I'm
connecting to, but without having anything else (i.e. $SYBASE_OCS) set. Now
this is great and exactly what I wanted, however not what I expected, after
this didn't work on Linux (had to add ../sybase/OCS to ld.so.conf).

Any explanation for this?

-Christian

> For some reason it thinks that $ENV{SYBASE} includes the OCS bit.
>
> What does the appropriate lines in CTlib.pm say?
> And are you *positive* that $SYBASE isn't set in the shell?
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.
> mpeppler@peppler.org                       http://www.peppler.org/
> Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or
> long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.org/resume.html
>
> On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 02:20, Christian Behrens wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just successfully built Perl 5.8.5 and SybPerl 2.17_3 on Solaris
> 2.8,
> > with the following value for $SYBASE embedded into SybPerl:
> > /usr/global/opt/sybase
> >
> > This is a link to /usr/global/opt/sybase1252, which is ASE 12.5.2 and
> comes
> > with Connectivity 12.5.1.
> >
> > However, without having $SYBASE or $SYBASE_OCS set, when I run a little
> test
> > script it gives me this:
> >
> > Your sybase home directory is /usr/global/opt/sybase/OCS-12_5. Check the
> > environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
> > Cannot access file /usr/global/opt/sybase/OCS-12_5/config/objectid.dat
> >
> > Why is it looking in OCS-12_5? Where does that come from?

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!