From: "Christian Behrens" <chrisb42 at gmx dot net>
Subject: Sybase home directory question
Date: Nov 20 2004 1:20AM

Hi all,

I have just successfully built Perl 5.8.5 and SybPerl 2.17_3 on Solaris 2.8,
with the following value for $SYBASE embedded into SybPerl:
/usr/global/opt/sybase

This is a link to /usr/global/opt/sybase1252, which is ASE 12.5.2 and comes
with Connectivity 12.5.1.

However, without having $SYBASE or $SYBASE_OCS set, when I run a little test
script it gives me this:

Your sybase home directory is /usr/global/opt/sybase/OCS-12_5. Check the
environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Cannot access file /usr/global/opt/sybase/OCS-12_5/config/objectid.dat

Why is it looking in OCS-12_5? Where does that come from?

Thanks,

-Christian

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!