From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: building sybperl-2.17 on MacOSX
Date: Nov 17 2004 6:56PM

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 19:40, jmcallister@dtint.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a little help compiling SybPerl for MacOS X. I've
> tried just about every combination of tweaks to CONFIG and
> CTlib/Makefile I can think of (too numerous to list them all here) and
> I don't see any obvious cc errors during "make". The problems show
> during "make test". The DBlib dependent tests bomb of course because I
> didn't build the module, but the CTlib tests bomb as well with this:
>
>         /usr/bin/perl can't open library: libsybct_r.dylib  (No such
> file or directory, errno = 2)
>
> Any suggestions? Of course, anyone that's deployed sybperl
> successfully on MacOS X is welcome to post a how-to!

I don't really know much about MacOSX, but I've been told that some
versions of ASE/OCS on MacOSX don't include the .dylib libraries, but
instead include a Cocoa framework. I *think* that adding
	-framework CoreFoundation
to the EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS macros in CTlib/Makefile and in
DBlib/Makefile and then re-run "make".