From: jmcallister at dtint dot com
Subject: building sybperl-2.17 on MacOSX
Date: Nov 17 2004 6:40PM

I'm looking for a little help compiling SybPerl for MacOS X. I've tried
just about every combination of tweaks to CONFIG and CTlib/Makefile I can
think of (too numerous to list them all here) and I don't see any obvious
cc errors during "make". The problems show during "make test". The DBlib
dependent tests bomb of course because I didn't build the module, but the
CTlib tests bomb as well with this:

        /usr/bin/perl can't open library: libsybct_r.dylib  (No such file
or directory, errno = 2)

Any suggestions? Of course, anyone that's deployed sybperl successfully on
MacOS X is welcome to post a how-to!

Thanks,

James McAllister
Digital Technology Int'l

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 11952 ESD#1/P/Apple/Mac OS X
10.3/ase1252/1838/32-bit/OPT/Sat May 29 01:52:04 2004
MacOS X: 10.3.6
Sybperl: 2.17 and 2.17_3