From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to preset the SYBASE_OCS variable?
Date: Nov 12 2004 7:00AM

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 21:10, Christian Behrens wrote:
> I am currently trying to compile the current Perl on Solaris, and was
> wondering: since Solaris doesn't have a linker configuration file like Linux
> does, would adding the Sybase lib dir to the libraries search path config
> for building Perl solve that problem right away (on either platform)?

On Solaris the perl build system will use the -R linker option (IIRC) to
add the path to the shared libraries needed by a package. However I'm
not sure that this will allow you to resolve the libtli.so.12.5.x
library that is loaded at run time by OpenClient itself. I don't have a
Solaris box that I can test this on right now.