From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: fetchrow_hashref
Date: Nov 10 2004 6:54AM

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 04:54, Rob Lauer wrote:
> Excuse me if this is already posted....
>
> I've searched the list and googled with my best googling but I don't
> seem to be able to find the answer to this one:
>
> I've been having this odd problem where a "select" query returns a
> hashref that contains
>
> COL(1) => 0
>
> when I'm expecting the values from the query.  I've implemented the
> 'syb_more_results' code, but I still seem to get bogus results from a
> fetch.

I got the same thing the other day. Apparently MS-SQL 2k will sometimes
return a "status" result if the index statistics have been recomputed
(or for other reasons). I believe that the FreeTDS folks have fixed this
in the CVS version of the code.
My work-around was to check for the syb_result_type, and if I had issued
a normal SELECT and I got a CS_STATUS_RESULT type back then pull the
data but ignore it.