From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase - "make" seems fine, but "make test" produces many errors
Date: Nov 10 2004 6:52AM

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 00:12, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
> Greetings Sybperl Folks,
>
> This is on Solaris 8, using gcc 2.95.3 and perl 5.8.5.
> I am using Sybase 11.0.3 and Open Client library
> version 10.0.4 at this time.
> I have tried making a few of the 1.x versions of
> DBD::Sybase, but these errors are for version 1.04_12.
>
> I have put in various values for LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (nothing, /usr/sybase/lib, ...) and I have alternately
> included and commented out the 'tli' library in CONFIG.
>
> The "make test" errors look like this:
> ==========
> t/autocommit....install_driver(Sybase) failed:
>   Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
>   for module DBD::Sybase:
>   ld.so.1: /docs/perl/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error:
>   file /usr/sybase/lib/libtcl.so: symbol svr4_tli:
>   referenced symbol not found at

OK - it looks like the -ltli library is not included in your link for
some reason, and you *may* also have some problems due to the age of
OpenClient and the use of Solaris 8 (OCS 10.x was created for Solaris
2.5.1, IIRC...).

Anyway - what we need to know is what the actual link line was, and if
that doesn't include -ltli then why this isn't included.

So please post the output from "perl Makefile.PL".
Also please post the output from "ldd
blib/arch/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so".