From: "Troy dot A Johnson" <troy dot johnson at health dot state dot mn dot us>
Subject: DBD::Sybase - "make" seems fine, but "make test" produces many errors
Date: Nov 9 2004 11:12PM

Greetings Sybperl Folks,

This is on Solaris 8, using gcc 2.95.3 and perl 5.8.5.
I am using Sybase 11.0.3 and Open Client library
version 10.0.4 at this time.
I have tried making a few of the 1.x versions of
DBD::Sybase, but these errors are for version 1.04_12.

I have put in various values for LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(nothing, /usr/sybase/lib, ...) and I have alternately
included and commented out the 'tli' library in CONFIG.

The "make test" errors look like this:
==========
t/autocommit....install_driver(Sybase) failed:
  Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
  for module DBD::Sybase:
  ld.so.1: /docs/perl/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error:
  file /usr/sybase/lib/libtcl.so: symbol svr4_tli:
  referenced symbol not found at
  /docs/perl/lib/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
==========

More complete information can be found here:

http://troy.jdmz.net/perl/

I want to have DBD::Sybase and sybperl modules installed
and working with no errors so we can start using them.
I have decrepit, old versions of perl and sybperl and
would like to move off of them, and I will be moving to
Sybase 12.5 in the near future.

Can somebody steer me the right direction? Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide!

Troy Johnson