From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybperl problem
Date: Jan 30 2004 6:41PM

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 18:50, Wong Pei Hwa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I am having intermittent SQL Server connection timed out
> problem when we connect to ASIQ12.4.3.

I don't know much about ASIQ, but timeouts are handled in OpenClient
(though IIRC the default is to not have a timeout).

>         I suspect it is due to the DBlib.pm since this is the perl
> module used to connect to it.
>         Then, I install the latest version which is 1.46 but it still
> occur.
>
>         I realise during the installation, the following error occur
> and the make test pass 50%. I wonder this is related to my problem.

No - the problem here is that your OpenClient installation is missing
the blk library (libblk.a, usually), which is needed for sybperl to
build properly.

You should contact Sybase to obtain that library. However if you are
only using the Sybase::DBlib side of things you should be able to
proceed and use the new version as it doesn't rely on the libblk.a
library.