From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: osx sybperl problems
Date: Jan 23 2004 4:19PM

Note - CC'd to the sybperl-l mailing list.

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 07:52, DRoss-Smith@reviewjournal.com wrote:
> Hi. I'm running the osx 10.3 version of ctlib from ase 12.5.1 and
> wanted to compile sybperl 2.16.
> I have a few problems getting sybperl to run the makefile correctly.
>
> [IT040:/sybperl-2.16] root# perl Makefile.PL
> strings: can't open file:
> /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib/libct64.sl (No such file or
> directory)
> Unknown OpenClient version found - may be FreeTDS.
> The sybperl modules need access to a Sybase server to run the tests.
> To clear an entry please enter 'undef'
> Sybase server to use (default: SYBASE): ^C
>
> I changed line 121 in config.pl from
> foreach (qw(libct.a libct.so libct.sl libct64.a libct64.so
> libct64.sl)) {

> foreach (qw(libsybct.a libct.so libct.sl libct64.a libct64.so
> libct64.sl)) {
>
> and looks like a I got a complete install

Right - I've made fixes to DBD::Sybase that reflect this name change. I
haven't done the same thing for sybperl yet, but I will do that RSN.

> [IT040:/sybperl-2.16] root# perl Makefile.PL
> Sybase OpenClient 12.5.1 ASE Edition found.
> The sybperl modules need access to a Sybase server to run the tests.
> To clear an entry please enter 'undef'
> Sybase server to use (default: SYBASE): IT040_ASE
> User ID to log in to Sybase (default: sa): sa
> Password (default: undef):
> * Writing login information, including password, to file PWD.
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Sybase OpenClient 12.5.1 ASE Edition found.
> Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
> Writing Makefile for Sybase::BLK
> Running in threaded mode - looking for _r libraries...
> Found -lsybtcl_r for -lsybtcl
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lct
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcs
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcomn
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lintl
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lblk

Hmmm - normally these libraries should have been found (or rather, their
-lsybXXX equivalents.)

Edit Makefile.PL again (the one in CTlib/Makefile.PL) and change the
$lib_string line (around line 60) from

    $lib_string = "-L$SYBASE/lib -lct -lcs -ltcl -lcomn -lintl -lblk";
    $lib_string = "-L$SYBASE/lib -lsybct -lsybcs -lsybtcl -lsybcomn
-lsybintl -lsybblk";

and see if that fixes the problem with "make test".