From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBD::Sybase on MacOSX/ASE 12.5.1 (was: Re: Getting DBD-Sybase to Work)
Date: Jan 21 2004 3:55PM

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 13:58, gohaku wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2004, at 11:15 AM, Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> > I think that by default on MacOSX this directory is
> > /Applications/Sybase/System. So before running "perl Makefile.PL" I
> > suggest running (assuming csh):
> >
> > source /Applications/Sybase/System/SYBASE.csh
> >
> > Now all of the necessary environment variables are set correctly.
> >
> I entered "source /Applications/Sybase/System/SYBASE.csh" on the
> command line
> and "perl Makefile.PL"
> I still saw "Can't find any Sybase libraries in
> /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib

Sybase has changed the names of the libraries for the 12.5.1 release on
MacOSX, from libct.a, libcs.a, etc. to libsybct.a, libsybcs.a, etc.

I have placed a new temporary release (1.02.3) on my web site that will
detect the new library names and should build correctly.

http://www.peppler.org/downloads/DBD-Sybase-1.02.3.tar.gz