From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: RE: $sth->{NAME} doesn't work
Date: Jan 15 2004 9:54AM

Tim Bunce wrote:

>>>DBI.xs:1664:        croak("Can't get %s->{%s}: unrecognised
>>>attribute",neatsvpv(h,0),key);

>It's a driver bug. The FETCH of the sth NAME attribute should never
>reach the DBI's code. The driver should handle it.

So you're saying that $sth->{NAME} should always be handled by the
driver, whether or not the column names are available, and that it is
the driver's responsibility to print a message such as 'you should
call execute() first' rather than leaving it to DBI to raise an error.

In that case, this looks like a bug report for DBD::Sybase.  I imagine
that the other statement attributes NUM_OF_FIELDS should behave in the
same way.

--
Ed Avis