From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Compilation error when building perl 5.8.0 on AIX
Date: Sep 12 2003 9:55PM

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 14:15, Le, Michelle wrote:
> [...]

An internal compiler error while building perl... I don't know if anyone
here has any experience with this particular problem. I think you may
get better responses from the comp.lang.perl.misc newsgroup.

However, a quick check of Google groups shows that this error has shown
up for people, but mostly back in the early to mid 90s. Are you using an
old version of AIX?

Maybe installing gcc and building perl with gcc could be a solution?