From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Using isql-type Unix tool to connect to MSSQL2000...
Date: Jun 30 2003 6:14PM

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 20:04, Pantera, Joseph F. wrote:
> Thanks again.  Any idea how many people out there are using freeTDS?  We're talking about using it on critical firm data.  Are people out there using it in this capacity?  Maybe if anyone can give me some examples...

I'd say quite a few people use FreeTDS - but if I were you I'd go over
to www.freetds.org and check it out, and also join the FreeTDS mailing
list.

The alternative for you would be to get an ODBC driver for MS-SQL, and
then to use something like DBI/DBD::ODBC and build isql and bcp-like
functionality in perl. It wouldn't be all that hard to do, btw.

Michael