From: <Stephen dot Sprague at morganstanley dot com>
Subject: Re: gettting a password
Date: Jun 11 2003 10:58AM

David-
thanks. yes, thats one way - but that (of course) requires a new class.

why? oh, just so I could email the passwords of all the usernames to me!
:) and I wanted to log into another server under the covers...

in a way, I'd like to "ssh $server $sql" :]  (without being prompted for
a password)

Cheers,
Steve

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 @ 9:48am, an entity claiming to be dlandgre@groupe-bpi....:

dlandg :|inquiring minds want to know...
dlandg :|
dlandg :|is it possible to *get* the password of a database  connection  given  a
dlandg :|database handle using DBI?
dlandg :|
dlandg :|I kinda doubt it but I wasn't sure.
dlandg :
dlandg :I guess you could subclass DBI and sqirrel away the pw in the connect
dlandg :method. and add a method to retrieve it afterwards...
dlandg :
dlandg :But why would you want to do a thing like that? Inquiring minds want to
dlandg :know...
dlandg :
dlandg :David
dlandg :--