From: "Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" <Balvinder dot Sabherwal at mortgagefamily dot com>
Subject: RE: unable to load CTLib.dll
Date: Apr 25 2003 3:26PM

>In general if things work on one machine and not on another you have to
>look at the differences. Start with the environment variables that are
>set before the CGI scripts starts, in particular the PATH env. variable
>which is used in Windows to find DLLs. I believe that what is happening
>here is that the Sybase DLLs aren't found or don't get loaded properly.
>
>(note that I have just about 0 experience with Windows systems, so I
>could be off the mark here...)
>
>Michael

Here are the comments from the dynaloder.pm just above the line where it
tries to load the dll. It says that this is mostly due to the XS file
problem

    # Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
    # this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
    # Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
    # C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
    # in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
    # it executed.

##Line 206 from c:\perl\lib\DynaLoader.pm
    my $libref = dl_load_file($file, $module->dl_load_flags) or
	croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error());