From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: unable to load CTLib.dll
Date: Apr 25 2003 2:55PM

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 05:13, Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) wrote:
> I have a sybperl script which I'm using as a cgi and when I try to execute
> it from the website, I'm getting the errors as below. The same script is
> working fine on the production server and it's failing on the dev server.
> The perl version is same on both the boxes (Active Perl 5.6 with sybperl).
> The sybase open client is same version as well (11.1)
>
> Any Ideas as what could be the cause of this??
>
> Thanks
>
> [Fri Apr 25 07:59:04 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: c:/opensa/apache/cgi-bin/latency.cgi
> [Fri Apr 25 07:59:04 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [Fri Apr 25 07:59:04
> 2003] c:\opensa\apache\cgi-bin\latency.cgi: Can't load
> 'c:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.dll' for module Sybase::CTlib:
> load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
> c:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

In general if things work on one machine and not on another you have to
look at the differences. Start with the environment variables that are
set before the CGI scripts starts, in particular the PATH env. variable
which is used in Windows to find DLLs. I believe that what is happening
here is that the Sybase DLLs aren't found or don't get loaded properly.

(note that I have just about 0 experience with Windows systems, so I
could be off the mark here...)