From: oktay dot tasdemir at cogent dot bnpparibas dot com dot au
Subject: HP-UX 11, Sybase 11.02 cannot compile DBD::Sybase
Date: Apr 22 2003 11:35PM

Hi,

I am trying to compile DBD::SYBASE on version 11 HPUX but I am experiencing
      errors during the compilation,  I have tried the suggested hunting
      grounds for errors as suggested
in the readme file but I am still stuck and in need of someone's help or a
      packet of serepax.

I initially had errors with the "perl Makefile.PL" command but after
      installing Tim Bunce's  DBI module I was able to pass this step, I
      then ran the make command as per the readme
file but experienced the below error messages

nero~/dumps/mon/DBD-Sybase-1.00 # make
        gcc -c  -I/opt/sybase115/include -I/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/PA-RIS
C2.0-LP64/auto/DBI  -D_HPUX_SOURCE -mpa-risc-2-0 -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasin
g -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -O    -DVERSION=\"1.00\"  -DXS_V
ERSION=\"1.00\" -fPIC "-I/usr/local/lib/CORE"   Sybase.c
        gcc -c  -I/opt/sybase115/include -I/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/PA-RIS
C2.0-LP64/auto/DBI  -D_HPUX_SOURCE -mpa-risc-2-0 -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasin
g -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -O    -DVERSION=\"1.00\"  -DXS_V
ERSION=\"1.00\" -fPIC "-I/usr/local/lib/CORE"   dbdimp.c
dbdimp.c:2116:22: missing terminating " character
dbdimp.c:2124:1: missing terminating " character
dbdimp.c:2126:22: missing terminating " character
dbdimp.c:2133:21: missing terminating " character
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

As per the install instructions in the readme file I edited the CONFIG file and tried various variables for the EXTRA_LIBS variable including
/opt/sybase/lib, /opt/sybase115/lib etc but
this did not bring any joy. I am also a bit confused into what to supply for the EXTRA_LIBS variable as the CONFIG file stipulates needing the linsck
library but I don't know what this is and
could not find anything pertaining to linsck for the DBD::SYBASE install on the web.

Could anyone please assist with this problem.

Cheers
Oktay