From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Compiling sybperl on Win2K under cygwin
Date: Apr 1 2003 1:27AM

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 15:34, Maria Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile sybperl on a Win2000 machine using gcc in
> cygwin. I'm failing during the make when compiling the CTLib module.
> I have:
>
> sybperl v. 2.151
> OCS 12.5
> perl v5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi
> make v3.79.1
> gcc 3.2
>

> The output of 'perl Makefile.PL' is:
>
> strings: /cygdrive/c/sybase/OCS-12_5/lib/libct.a: No such file or
> directory

This is the first problem - the build process can't find the Sybase
libraries that it is expecting. I don't really know anything about
Cygwin so I don't know what needs to be done to get this to work with
the WIndows DLLs.

> Does anyone have any hints for me (besides trying Activestate perl,
> which unfortunately doesn't have a version of sybperl for Win32 :-) )

Well - for using ActiveState perl I suggest checking
http://www.peppler.org/cgi-bin/bug.cgi?__state=2&id=510