PEPPLER.ORG
Michael Peppler
Sybase Consulting
Menu
Home
Sybase on Linux
Install Guide for Sybase on Linux
General Sybase Resources
General Perl Resources
Freeware
Sybperl
Sybase::Simple
DBD::Sybase
BCP Tool
Bug Tracker
Mailing List Archive
Downloads Directory
FAQs
Sybase on Linux FAQ
Sybperl FAQ
Personal
Michael Peppler's resume

sybperl-l Archive

Up    Prev    Next    

From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Sybase::Dblib Segmentation fault
Date: Mar 31 2003 7:59PM

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11:35, Jesse Erlbaum wrote:
> Hi Michael --
> 
> > Please send me (not the list!) a stack trace from the core dump.
> 
> 
> I think I may have fixed the problem.  The solution was one or both of
> two things:
> 
>   1. Recompiled Perl.  Using the suggestion on your FAQ
> (http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/linux.html#q1.4), I compiled as follows:
> 
>         # rm -f config.sh Policy.sh \
>             && sh Configure -ders -Dlibs="-lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc
> -lcrypt" \
>             && make \
>             && make test

That is probably not the issue as the perl binaries shipped with RH
since 6.x work fine.

>   2. Disabled CVS keyword expansion.  The compiled Sybase libraries are,
> in this system, checked into a CVS repository.  When added, keyword
> expansion was not being explicitly disabled.  I noticed that the binary
> contained a $Revision:$ CVS tag.  This was being updated when I checked
> the files into CVS, causing the binary to be edited in-place.  In my
> experience, this is a pretty sure-fire was to create a segfault.

Indeed.

Thanks for the update.

Michael
-- 
Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler@peppler.org                 http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or 
long term contract positions - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/resume.html