From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: A DBD::Sybase question
Date: Mar 20 2003 10:44PM

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 14:34, kenneth.koch@abnamro.com wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Could you possibly indulge me in a question regarding DBD::Sybase? Below is
> the current configuration.
>
> The OS is HP-UX 10.2, upgrading to HP-UX 11i.
> The Sybase software version 11.0.3,  upgrading to 12.5.
> The version on the Sybase.pm is 1.20.
> The version of DBD.pm is 10.7.
>
> Obviously the open client library would change. If we are not making any
> mods to the database to take advantage of 12.5 features, do you feel the
> DBD::Sybase code needs to be upgraded? Is there anything in the new client
> library that would cause problems for your older code?

I honestly don't know if DBD::Sybase 0.20 (which is the official version
that Sybase.pm 1.20 is part of) will build correctly with 12.5. One
thing is certain - it won't find the OpenClient libraries as these have
moved in 12.5 from $SYBASE/lib to $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/lib, so you'll
have to mess around with the Makefiles a bit.

Personally I'd suggest you use this opportunity to upgrade, and to
upgrade DBI as well, because there have been a lot of bugs fixed in the
last 4 years...