From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybperl with Sybase v.12
Date: Dec 12 2003 3:36PM

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 07:03, Na Lin (LVL) wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> We are upgrading sybase from 11 to 12.5 which uses 64-bit library. Our Perl
> 5.6.1 installation is 32-bit. Do we have to install 64-bit perl as well o
> install sybperl 2.15?

If you wish to use the 64-bit Sybase Client library, then you must use a
C compiler that can generate 64-bit code, and use (or build) a perl
binary in 64-bit mode as well.

In a lot of cases it is easier to install the 32 bit Sybase libraries
(they should be included in your 64 bit package) as there is usually no
need for the large address space in your perl scripts.