From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Problems running make test for DBD::Sybase
Date: Nov 1 2003 1:18AM

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 16:47, Kofman, Leon wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to compile DBD::Sybase for perl 5.8.1 on Solaris and for some reason I can not.  I compiled Perl with default options. Then I compiled DBI, and then I tried to compile DBD::Sybase and when I run tests, I get many error.

This is a known problem - I posted a message about this to both the
dbi-users and sybperl-l mailing lists.

The issue is with the -z xxx options that were added for the LDDLFLAGS
on Solaris.

Edit the Makefile and remove all the -z xxx options from the LDDLFLAGS,
and then rebuild (i.e. touch dbdimp.c; make) and all should be fine.