From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: make test fails --Sybase::CTlib initialize: ct_init(112) failed
Date: Oct 30 2003 4:39PM

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 21:17, balasubramanya.kaup@sgcib.com wrote:
> Hello,
>    Thanks a lot for your reply ..  i did the same as suggested by you and
> the error is through but when i proceed with the make test i see one more
> error error  for the Sybase::CTlib initialize:
> I've spent lotsa ' time  on installing this ..... please  help me !!
> again many thanks for your valuable reply  and time ..
> ========================
>

> t/blk....
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
> error: Attempt to load protocol driver failed
> Sybase::CTlib initialize: ct_init(112) failed at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 249.

OK - now that is another problem. This one is most likely due to a
Sybase installation problem, or a Sybase environment problem.

What it means is that the perl module tries to enable the OCS 12.0
version functionality, but that the libraries that it finds at run-time
don't support this.

I don't know why you get that problem, but you could work around this
temporarily by editing CTlib/CTlib.xs and forcing the CTLIB_VERSION
macro to be CS_VERSION_100, and then rebuild.