From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: Does DBD::Sybase set 'hostname' and 'scriptName' automatically?
Date: Oct 29 2003 4:33PM

I am using DBD::Sybase version 1.01.  It lets you set 'hostname'
and 'scriptName' for a connection but doesn't seem to set them
automatically if not asked.  For example

    use DBI;
    $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Sybase:server=SERVER',
                        'user', 'secret');
    sleep 1000;

does not produce any row in sysprocesses with my machine's
hostname.  But if I say

    use DBI;
    $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Sybase:server=SERVER;hostname=foo',
                        'user', 'secret');
    sleep 1000;

then a row with hostname = 'foo' does appear.

But according to

DBD::Sybase does fill in these two fields from hostname() and
$0.  So what's happening?

--
Ed Avis