From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: RE: 'Sybase error: Unknown network type found in interface file'
Date: Oct 10 2003 3:46PM

>>>TEST_LN
>>>        query tcp ether 194.203.210.11 1400
>>>        master tcp ether 194.203.210.11 1400

>if you put this interfaces file on the Solaris will your
>Solaris CTlib apps continue to work? The answer is yes, assuming
>that they use OpenClient 11.x or later.

Ah, I see - the 'tli' versus 'ether' thing is just a different
way of encoding the host address and port.  I was thinking it was
something more profound like a different wire protocol.

OK, I'll see if I can change the whole file to use 'ether'.  But
won't this break dblib applications on Solaris, since on that
platform dblib needs to see the TLI format?

It looks like I'll need to generate two different interfaces
files for the two platforms, if I want to support dblib on both.

--
Ed Avis