From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: 'Sybase error: Unknown network type found in interface file'
Date: Oct 10 2003 3:27PM

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 07:46, Avis, Ed wrote:

> It turns out that the interfaces file is not the problem: on a
> Solaris box with the same interfaces file I can build sybperl
> and run the t/bcp test successfully.

Michael Burstin is correct - the TLI format is only supported on Solaris
and DEC/Tru-64 (IIRC). Client Library is capable of reading both formats
(on both platforms), but DB-Library only reads the platform specific
format, so for Linux you need to create a "normal" interfaces file:

TEST_LN
        query tcp ether 194.203.210.11 1400
        master tcp ether 194.203.210.11 1400