From: David Owen <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: ANN: dbschema.pl 2.4.1 released
Date: Jan 20 2003 12:24AM

This is a bug fix release.  There was a problem extracting datatypes
that required a sized (binary,varbinary,sysname,char,varchar).

There is a problem with running dbschema.pl with FreeTDS.  I have tried
just about all combinations of perl/sybperl/FreeTDS and they all give
similar results, complaining of pending result sets.  I am still looking
into where the problem is exactly.  Until this is resolved, it looks as
if dbschema.pl only supports the native Sybase drivers.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had success with
Sybperl and FreeTDS connecting to Sybase.

--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen@midsomer.org
Maintainer of the Sybase FAQ: http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ