From: Michael Burstin <mikeb at concerto dot com>
Subject: Re: (OT) Sybase memory footprint
Date: Jan 13 2003 2:15PM

Well, without seeing the error, I can guess it could be one of a few
things.

1. There is a .krg file in $SYBASE.

2. You have too low of a value of shminfo_shmmax value in your
/etc/system file.

Look for a line saying:
     set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=
in your /etc/system file.  The value for this must be >= your Sybase
memory size.  This value is set in bytes, so take 384 * 1024 * 1024
for your value.  This value requires a reboot to take place.

--
Michael Burstin
NPI Engineer