From: persicom at acedsl dot com
Subject: Re: Timeouts
Date: Jan 3 2003 6:57PM

Quoting Michael Peppler :

Sorry about that. Hit the wrong button...

> I see what you mean - if you want to place a very short timeout on
> something then it may cause problems for other apps in the same process.
> Using separate contexts would be possible, however. Though that may
> imply a fair amount of work in DBD::Sybase...

Sounds like you would have to replace every reference to the global context
with a function call that returns the context used to create the instance in
question. And you'd have to plugin some syntax to the connect call to say "use
a new context" or "use this specific" context.

Sounds way ugly to me.

Since I opened Pandora's box on this one, let me do the leg-work on determining
how much work this might entail.

--
Matt