From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: blk_rowxfer and leakage
Date: Sep 30 2002 2:44PM

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 14:01, Stephen.Sprague@morganstanley.com wrote:
> It clearly shows when the blk_rowxfer is commented out the mem size tops
> out in my case at 43MB. When reinstated it just keeps ballooning until I
> kill it. To me, that pretty much isolates it to that routine.  My  guess
> something inside it is not deallocating something it should.

I took a look at the C code and I can't see any obvious places where
memory gets allocated. It *could* be a problem with references in your
perl script, causing data to not get freed properly.

Alternatively it's a problem with memory fragmentation.

I'll try to set up an example script and see if I can reproduce it.